Dr. Matthew Baker of Orthodontic Specialists of Florida’s Port Charlotte office, was arrested on behalf of MDA’s “Lock Up” event on August 11, 2010. Dr. Baker, along with other local business and community leaders volunteered to be MDA’s “Jailbirds” for the day to benefit this unique community-wide event to help raise money for Jerry’s Kids. “PLEASE HELP BAIL ME OUT… or the Port Charlotte residents will be in braces FOREVER! Your donation is my key to freedom!,” stated Dr. Baker. He and his fellow “Jailbirds” around the Port Charlotte community helped to raise nearly $57,000 to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
The funds Dr. Baker helped the MDA to raise, will provide vital services such as:
- MDA Summer Camp – A magical week of fun and independence
- Outpatient Clinics – Families see the top specialists for their disease
- Equipment Assistance – Help obtaining and repairing vital medical equipment
- Support Groups – Families and the people MDA serves sharing and caring together
- Research – Hope for the future
MDA “Lock Up” events are a fun way to raise vital funds for the battle against neuromuscular diseases. Donations to MDA provide help and hope in many ways. Visit mda.org for information on how MDA makes a difference to people around the country and in your community. Orthodontic Specialists of Florida and Dr. Matthew Baker were PROUD to participate in the fundraising “Lock Up” event for Jerry’s Kids and the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).August 11, 2010