People who live and work in Jacksonville choose Orthodontic Specialists of Florida for comprehensive orthodontic care. With three convenient locations in the Jacksonville area, we make it easy to schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael Ayers or Dr. Gaby El Bahri.
Our three Jacksonville area locations:
Orthodontic treatments at Orthodontic Specialists of Florida can help improve the oral health of children, teenagers and adults in addition to improving their personal appearance and confidence!
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is the first subspecialty of dentistry with a primary focus on straightening patient’s teeth and their bite while improving overall oral health. Our professional orthodontic team also works with patients to treat problems associated with the growth of facial and jaw structures. A few of the conditions that require orthodontic care include:
- Problems chewing food due to jaw or teeth problems
- Gaps and spaces between teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Excessive wear on a patient’s dental enamel
- Speech problems caused by poor oral cavity structure
Benefits of Orthodontics
These days, orthodontic treatment is convenient and affordable. Here are three major reasons why people might seek this treatment:
- Improved Appearance: The most noticeable advantage of receiving orthodontic treatment is the improvement in patients’ appearance and self-esteem caused by having a straight, stunning smile. It’s widely known that improvements in appearance can help someone achieve greater success in their academic, professional and personal lives and that one of the biggest factors is an attractive smile. A healthy smile can make people feel happier about themselves, which has a considerable effect on multiple areas of their lives. Orthodontics has so many benefits, which may explain why orthodontics has become so popular in recent decades.
- Better Oral Health: Straight teeth are not only more attractive but caring for them is also easier. Correctly aligned teeth provide virtually no room for food particles to hide out and develop into enamel-corroding plaque and cavities. Furthermore, severe orthodontic problems can cause some teeth to be more susceptible to damage. Misaligned teeth can also cause gums and other soft oral tissues to recede, promoting periodontal disease.
- Proper Oral Function: Orthodontics is among the most thorough and non-invasive ways to address discrepancies of the jaw. Because food is essential to our survival, the muscles and joints of the jaw will adapt to compensate for poor tooth positioning in an effort to improve chewing efficiency, even if these adaptations result in future damage. Therefore, bringing teeth into proper alignment can help move the jaw into a better position, providing relief for issues such as chewing pain, sleep apnea and similar sleep disorders, migraines, jaw popping and jaw pain.
What Kinds of Braces are Available?
At Orthodontic Specialists of Florida, our Jacksonville area orthodontic offices offer a number of different types of braces. This allows each patient to find the ideal orthodontic solution to suit their unique needs.
Metal braces are often a good choice for kids and teens while adults may prefer ceramic braces or Invisalign®, which are mostly unassuming. To find out which type of braces will best help you reach your orthodontic goals, schedule your free consultation with one of our four Jacksonville offices today.
- Metal Braces – made from very strong metal and are highly durable
- Invisalign® – clear plastic aligners that are removable
- Ceramic braces or clear braces – made to match the color of a patient’s teeth
- Gold braces – stainless steel material coated with gold metal
Meet Dr. Mitra Parsa
Dr. Mitra Parsa earned her Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Georgetown University in Washington, DC. In 1998, she obtained her Florida state dental license. Dr. Parsa continued her education in 2007, training in Orthodontics at Jacksonville University. She is a member of the American Association of Orthodontics, Florida Dental Association, and American Dental Association. With several years of experience and an excellent and supportive dental team at Orthodontic Specialists of Florida, Dr. Parsa would love to be your Jacksonville area orthodontist.
What Will You Experience at Our Family-Friendly Office?
When patients visit any of our Jacksonville area orthodontic practices, they are welcomed by a friendly team of professionals. Our goal is to help patients and their families feel at home while receiving the best orthodontic treatment possible. We strive to provide a relaxing environment and pleasurable experience at Orthodontic Specialists of Florida.
We encourage prospective new patients to call us for a free initial consultation when seeking orthodontic treatment in the Jacksonville area, and we pride ourselves in offering free second opinions to determine the most appropriate orthodontic treatment.
Our team looks forward to building relationships with patients and their families to offer superior orthodontic care that provides a beautiful smile and strong dental bite. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.December 3, 2013